Careers at PMC
Vacancy for Supervisor (Sewerage Services)
Property Management Corporation
1.0 Organization: Property Management Corporation (PMC)
2.0 Location: Ocean Gate House
3.0 Post Title: Supervisor (Sewerage Services)
4.0 Responsible to: Deputy CEO
5.0 Working Hours: 7am to 4.30pm (position requires the candidate to work after
Hours as and when required)
6.0 Job Summary:
The person in this position will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Sewerage Services Unit.
- Plans daily work schedule and assigns tasks to workers based upon priority of work and complaints received from Customer Services.
- Communicating with Customer Services and Maintenance sections to ensure that drivers have accurate information about their routes and pumping or rodding location
- Performs job-site inspections to investigate damage and conclude the repair assignment, including the mitigation of overflows.
- Coordinates emergency pumping; sewer rodding or repairs.
- Supervises and coordinates activities for unblocking of sewerage system and rodding of pipelines
- Periodic check on PMC on-site sewerage facilities and the ensure that the replenishment of chlorine tablets for disinfection purposes.
- Assigning routes to drivers based on customer complaints and sites where pumping are required.
- oversee maintenance schedules to ensure vehicles are ready when needed.
- Maintains records on chemical usage and storage, equipment operation, and personnel attendance and submit the appropriate documentation to the designated office on an agreed basis
- Respond and attend to on-call complaints as directed by Property Manager
- Directs workers in minor repair to sewage pipelines or manholes or reports need for repairs to Property Manager
- Coordinates work with contractors and other utility providers
- Ensuring that company policies are followed regarding vehicle maintenance, accident prevention, fuel efficiency, and other driving practices
- Establishing priorities to deal with emergencies and unanticipated needs
- Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR
8. Knowledge required for this job:
The Applicant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas-
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sewer maintenance
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings or manuals
- Knowledge of safety protocols and regulations
- Valid driver's license
- Proficient in using computer software for record keeping and reporting
- Certificate in general management
9. Skills required for this job:
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and communication skills
- Ability to read and write to maintain required reports
- Time management skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to manage a team and delegate tasks effectively
- Client service and interaction skills
- Problem-solving skills to assess and resolve complex maintenance issues
- Attention to detail for quality control and inspection of work
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing needs and schedule
10.0 Personal attributes
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Deal with public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner